Hello! I am a graduate student in the Applied Mathematics, Statistics, and Scientific Computing program at the University of Maryland currently researching numerical methods in magenetohydrodynamics for the 3-m spherical couette experiment in the Lathrop Lab. I am also an NSF Graduate Fellow.
- Computational fluid dynamics
- Numerical methods
- Shock Physics
- Quantum molecular dynamics
- Experimental fluid dynamics
Talks and Posters (First Author)
- Sesame style decomposition of KS-DFT molecular dynamics for direct interrogation of nuclear models at the APS Shock Compression of Condensed Matter. St. Louis, MO. 7/09/2017.
- Verification Studies for the Noh Problem using Non-ideal Equations of State and Finite Strength Shocks at the APS Mid-Atlantic Section. Newark, DE. 5/18/2016.
- Verification Studies for the Noh Problem using Non-ideal Equations of State and Finite Strength Shocks at the ASME Verifcation and Validation Symposium. Las Vegas, NV. 5/18/2016.
- Gravity-Driven Particle-Laden Flow on an Incline at the APS DFD Conference. Boston, MA. 11/24/2015.
- Gravity Driven Particle-laden Slurries at the APS DFD Conference. San Francisco, CA. 11/24/2014.
- Ramsey, S. D., Z. M. Boyd, and S. C. Burnett. "Solution of the Noh problem using the universal symmetry of the gas dynamics equations." Shock Waves 27.3 (2017): 477-485.
- Burnett, S. C., K. G. Honnell, S. D. Ramsey, and R. L. Singleton Jr. "Verification Studies for the Noh Problem using Non-ideal Equations of State and Finite Strength Shocks." arXiv preprint arXiv:1706.04629 (2017).
- Burnett, S. C., D. G. Sheppard, K. G. Honnell, and T. Sjostrom. "Sesame-Style Decomposition of KS-DFT Molecular Dynamics for Direct Interrogation of Nuclear Models." arXiv preprint arXiv:1708.09380 (2017).
- Yorke, C. E., A. D. Howard, S. C. Burnett, K. G. Honnell, S. D. Ramsey, and R. L. Singleton Jr."Extension of the Planar Noh Problem to Aluminum, Iron, Copper, and Tungsten." arXiv preprint arXiv:1708.09071 (2017).
- Math 141: Calculus II, Spring 2017